Socks for your inner-Tom Boy; 2 different traditional lace patterns knit with a discreet frilly cuff, but in a hard-wearing gauge at 6.5 sts/ inch. Perfect for climbing trees, long hike, playing in the mud, and they’re machine washable.
Toddler’s, 4 – 8 yrs, 8 yrs – Women’s S, Women’s M, Women’s L
Foot circumference: 5.5 (6.5, 7.5, 8, 8.5) inches.
• Toddlers: 18 sts = 2 inches in stockinette
• 4 – 8 yrs: 16 = sts = 2 inches in stockinette
• 8 yrs – W’s S: 14 sts = 2 inches in stockinette
• Women’s M: 13 sts = 2 inches in stockinette
• Women’s L: 12 sts = 2 inches in stockinette
The pattern is toe-up, and intended for knitters who have made socks toe-up before (or who have at least made socks before). A chart for the instep (lace and toe increases) is included, as is one for the heel and the lace up the back of the sock. Follow the directions for the CO and increase for the sole of the sock in the same way the instep is charted (i.e. without lace).
Geraldine Socks pattern (PDF)
© Sara Morris, a.k.a. fyberduck