What with viruses (does anyone use the plural viri?) and near-constant migraines for the past week, I’ve been a little out of the loop. Maybe more than a little, if we’re being honest. Well, logged into ravelry and noticed another design had been added to my designer profile:
The Buttoned Up in Lace Shrug from Creative Knitting, Summer 2013. This design was a source of pride at the time (not that I could talk about it), because it utilizes three traditional reversible lace patterns (two are Madeira and one is Shetland), worked on a garter ground with two sets of knitted-on button bands so the “shrug” can be worn in several ways as different garments. Which is why I was a little disappointed to see it only modeled as a shrug (love the photos, though, they did a fantastic job styling!).
Good thing I snapped some pictures on Gertrude before sending it in, eh?
as a wrap, to the side
as a cowl
For other ideas, see my ravelry notebook listing. The yarn was Imperial Yarn’s Tracie in 114 Dusty Rose. Loved the color and the yarn – and currently have quite a bit stashed. The buttons are antique shell lovelies from my grandmother’s stash.
In other news, several patterns are imminently forthcoming from Rose City Knits. Keep an eye out!
So, a couple months ago I received an inquiry for a pattern from none other than Interweave Knits. Not that I’m bragging, I’m still rather perplexed over why they contacted me. Anyway. This week, the Spring 2012 preview went up and the issues went out, so now I can share images!
The first two are courtesy of Interweave Knits…
The second two are from the photoshoot I did with Lindsay and Eva in September, as the pattern was originally going to be a Rose City Knits release :)
The name, Kellswater, comes from a traditional Irish song which just makes me think of fishermen’s knits every time I hear it (read the lyrics or, better yet, listen to Loreena McKennitt’s version and you’ll get me). The design itself includes some of my favorite Gansey stitch patterns, particularly the Tree of Life and the anchor. I have to admit that I am inordinately proud of this pattern, since I literally made it up on the fly while attending Sock Summit (seriously, TheBon and SinisterSpinster can attest) and then it somehow ended up published.
Weird. But cool.
If you’d like to fave it or add it to your queue, it’s up on ravelry.
I know I’m terribly behind on the blogging and oh so much has happened since my last update, so look forward to more posts in the coming days – really!
I spent most of the weekend (yep, the 3-day one) down with a migraine, because I just know how to have fun. Which added up to very little achievement in the not “laying in the dark” arena.
Though I did finish one thing – the prototype of a new design:
From the front (modelled by Gertrude)
From the back (modelled by Gertrude)
Caulking, so-called by Opus and her Mum because it fills in the gap where your coat leaves off :)
I literally could not make these things up. (See more photos here)
Sample #2 is currently underway – both knit with Tactile Fiber Arts Sierra Sport. I quite like this yarn (possibly too much), which is probably going to become ridiculously obvious this Fall.
But that will have to wait as I need to get back to charting. Knitting will be my reward in a little bit… hopefully.