The past two months have been difficult, to be perfectly honest. What started out as a UTI has progressed into a full-blown kidney infection that is still not responding to antibiotics. I even ended up at the ER on IV antibiotics, which I gotta say was not a pleasant experience.
To add to the misery, one of the RX I was taking seems to have set off an autoimmune disorder that is just compounding the problem delightfully.
So, staying positive? Kind of hard right now. I feel like crap all the time, have little to no energy, and am so far behind on everything it’s reaching critical mass.
In order to facilitate a better frame of mind, I’ve compiled a list of good things:
- It’s pretty outside. No, I don’t feel up to actually going anywhere, but it’s pretty to look at through the window. At least it’s not raining.
- I have yarn. A lot of it. I’ve been cuddling a baby camel/ silk blend for happy thoughts.
- The Republicans didn’t succeed, hah!
- The ACA is looking awesome for someone like me.
- Light the Night Walk 2013 is this Saturday. I’m supposed to walk, but that’s looking very iffy. Still, if you have a moment, please consider joining us, donating, or posting a flyer:
- I am slowly, oh-so-slowly, making my way through my inbox. You might just receive an email from me sometime this, oh, year.
- I have all my fingers and toes. That’s good, right?
And that’s all I got for now. Further happy thoughts are always welcome.