Spent most of the morning and afternoon moving and unpacking, yes you guessed it, yet more boxes! I’m beginning to think they reproduce in the night. Or move themselves about. By 3:30 pm, I had cleared out the center of the garage, redeposited 3x my weight in boxes on the top shelves of two closets, and managed to finally strong-arm the shed in the back yarn open. Emm got to clean the house. Dad’s down in Eugene prepping the old house for sale. And Mum was in bed, recovering from her spinal tap.
By 4, Emm and I were dirty, sweaty, and dusty. He collapsed in front of his computer. Me, with of my spinning on the couch. I managed to fill my first quill this afternoon:
This little plot just may work. It would be nice to manage not to break the thread when plying every couple yards or so. I just hope I’m winding the quill right. Strange as it may sound, there is a science to this – shuttle bobbins for weaving have to be wound just so, as do cones of yarn for weaving or knitting. It’d be just my luck to wind it in exactly the wrong way.
After spinning for a bit, I got back to work on my cami. As it languishes in my knitting basket right now, it looks something like this:
The side seams, armscyes, and most of the ends are woven in. All that’s left to knit is the neckline and to weave in the ends from the finishing. I had such a throbbing headache by 8 pm, I threw in the towel for the night. The family was so exhausted we actually ordered pizza for dinner.
We have to go down to Eugene tomorrow to finish packing up Mum’s artwork. Someone please
kidnap rescue me in the night. I’ll pay you in yarn…