Hark! Hear my rejoicing (albeit far away). Little D’s gansey is finally “finished”. Remember his gansey? The sweater that took 3 times (1st, 2nd, 3rd) to block? Well, I received “action” shots of it today from my sister, A, and have to share them:
- Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (colour: Malibu)
- Needles: US 6’s, I think.
- Gauge: 5.5 sts/ inch
- Size: 30″ chest (10-year-old size, supposedly)
- Pattern: err… I cobbled one together using Knitting in the Old Way, The Knitter’s Handy Book of Sweater Patterns, and sheer insanity.
- Recipient: Little D, my nephew
- Date started: October 14, 2006
- Date finished: December 7, 2006 (I am so glad I have a blog to document this stuff!)
And it’s DONE!! I’d run around squeeing like a madwoman, but I’m tired (yeah, I did nothing today) and haven’t finished typing up this post. Other good news?
Hrm. The kitchen is painted (even if it does smell like wet paint and I can’t cook anything: yay!). I have two rows done on the lace border for Mum’s shawl (only 14 to go!). I’m nearly to the heels of the Spox (er… woot?). And, hehehe, I think someone might have a crush on… a friend (no, I won’t tell you who, she reads this blog) (I can’t believe I even wrote the word “crush”, that is so bloody high school) (It’s just a thought, I may be crazy, but…) If he does, he’d better make a move before I leave for Africa, cuz I reserve the right to torment my friends’ b/f’s to strengthen their characters.
And that’s about it. I want to go and spin that pink batt.
(Oh, and I have some slight ‘bad’ news. I fell off the wagon. But that is for another post!)