Now welcom somer, with thy sonne softe
That hast this wintres weders over-shaker
And driven awey the longe nightes blake!
(attributed to Chaucer, sung by the Mediaeval Baebes)
Before we get to the terrifying weeds, let us rejoice over a finished object! (and sun, sun is good) I finished the wraplan for baby T tonight! It’s currently blocking in the laundry room, but here’s a pic of it after being steamed for the purposes of being photographed:
- Yarn: JoAnn Sensations Bellezza: Smania
- Gauge: 5 sts/ inch on US 8’s
- Size: 12 months/ 22″ (I think, I’d have to check)
- Started: I have absolutely no idea
- Finished: March 25, 2007
- Recipient: baby T
I’m gonna try and send it by the end of the week, and demand a modeled photograph. I still haven’t gotten a pic of little D in the gansey, and I need to mention that to A.
Stuff that happened earlier today:
- As I went through my Peace Corps medical eval forms I noticed that one of the forms wasn’t signed by my general practitioner. I will. Not. Scream.
- I actually, finally!, got a load of laundry done.
- I got a nasty splinter in my foot whilst weeding and paring down The Beast (also known as our passion fruit vine):
I also managed not to scream when I saw these little pests on the side of my garden waste bin:
At the sharp pain in my foot and severe heeby-jeebies, I went inside. Sat down and knit (finished) baby T’s wraplan. While working away, Dad and I watched 3 episodes of Planet Earth. It was really good. The photography was amazing. And Sigourney Weaver makes a great narrator.
Then we watched the series finale of ROME. Twas good. But, I feel incumbent to mention, not entirely accurate. But good. Poor Vorenus. I also have to mention that I didn’t like how they made Augustus seem like a sociopath. But, again, otherwise quite good. It’s sad to see it end.
Also, I have to agree with Maura. I think that An Inconvenient Truth would have been better (and a little less, well, manipulative) without Gore’s life story and personal tragedies on display. That was just tacky.
And that is all. I think I shall spin a bit.