Quite literally, this weekend. Let’s see, positive-ness?
- Finished my Sev[en]circle scarf this afternoon, with three yards of yarn left (eek!)
- Am soaking big Sis’ b-day socks (admittedly late) to block in 15 mins (woot)
- Got five, count ‘em, FIVE loads of laundry done today
- Figured out how to upsize and downsize several patterns that I have delayed releasing, since they were single sized. Ha! Of course, that means all new rounds of test knitting…
- Um… two days of sunlight in a row? Love it!!
- Spent most of yesterday basking.
Here, at Tanner Springs Park:
Wherein we saw a Black-chinned Hummingbird, a Song Sparrow, a Barn Swallow, and a Rough-legged Hawk. All in the middle of the Pearl. Crazy. Anyway, Opus and I spent three or four hours there knitting (and designing, me) in the rarest of natural resources in Oregon, sunlight.
Which is why I am noticeably freckelly right now, as seen in Sev[en]circle FO shot:
Wow, right? Project specs, just for the sake of ‘em:
- Pattern: Sev[en]circle by assemblage/ Kirsten Johnstone
- Yarn: The Fibre Co.’s Canopy Fingering in “Macaw”
- Modifications: Went with the knit cast on instead of the back-loop
- Notes: I used almost all of the 200 yards per skein of my Canopy, so you might want to take the yardage on the pattern with a grain of salt.
And, if that isn’t enough knitting-ness for you, I have ANOTHER sneak peek inside my upcoming sock book! This time we’ve got the men’s sock pattern, Ankeny, based off of old Fishermen’s sweaters:
(I couldn’t resist… Captain Ankeny, get it?)
Lastly, before I run (must fold more laundry and do, ugh, ironing) remember Birdie? We-ell, s/he might just have come back! Last week, a fledgling sparrow flew into the store when I opened the front door.
S/he didn’t want to leave either – we had to catch it with a towel (again) and release it outside.
After a silly informal poll on the Knit Purl blog, we have decided that the fledgling was Birdie (if only because we say so). Feel free to disagree if you think otherwise :)
I’ll be back later (this week) with some interesting news. Until then, what do you think of the new blog layout? I was getting sick of the old one cutting off pictures and stuff…