The past two months have been difficult, to be perfectly honest. What started out as a UTI has progressed into a full-blown kidney infection that is still not responding to antibiotics. I even ended up at the ER on IV antibiotics, which I gotta say was not a pleasant experience.
To add to the misery, one of the RX I was taking seems to have set off an autoimmune disorder that is just compounding the problem delightfully.
So, staying positive? Kind of hard right now. I feel like crap all the time, have little to no energy, and am so far behind on everything it’s reaching critical mass.
In order to facilitate a better frame of mind, I’ve compiled a list of good things:
- It’s pretty outside. No, I don’t feel up to actually going anywhere, but it’s pretty to look at through the window. At least it’s not raining.
- I have yarn. A lot of it. I’ve been cuddling a baby camel/ silk blend for happy thoughts.
- The Republicans didn’t succeed, hah!
- The ACA is looking awesome for someone like me.
- Light the Night Walk 2013 is this Saturday. I’m supposed to walk, but that’s looking very iffy. Still, if you have a moment, please consider joining us, donating, or posting a flyer:
- I am slowly, oh-so-slowly, making my way through my inbox. You might just receive an email from me sometime this, oh, year.
- I have all my fingers and toes. That’s good, right?
And that’s all I got for now. Further happy thoughts are always welcome.
While a longer, more in-depth update is long overdue, I am a little overwhelmed right now with the sheer quantity of work that piled up as I was being treated for an ass-kicking* kidney infection. So, just so’s to prove that I ain’t dead yet, I present a new pattern:
And that’s about all I got for now. If I haven’t responded to your message(s), I swear by the stash it’s on the To-Do List of Doom. Really.
What with viruses (does anyone use the plural viri?) and near-constant migraines for the past week, I’ve been a little out of the loop. Maybe more than a little, if we’re being honest. Well, logged into ravelry and noticed another design had been added to my designer profile:
The Buttoned Up in Lace Shrug from Creative Knitting, Summer 2013. This design was a source of pride at the time (not that I could talk about it), because it utilizes three traditional reversible lace patterns (two are Madeira and one is Shetland), worked on a garter ground with two sets of knitted-on button bands so the “shrug” can be worn in several ways as different garments. Which is why I was a little disappointed to see it only modeled as a shrug (love the photos, though, they did a fantastic job styling!).
Good thing I snapped some pictures on Gertrude before sending it in, eh?
as a wrap, to the side
as a cowl
For other ideas, see my ravelry notebook listing. The yarn was Imperial Yarn’s Tracie in 114 Dusty Rose. Loved the color and the yarn – and currently have quite a bit stashed. The buttons are antique shell lovelies from my grandmother’s stash.
In other news, several patterns are imminently forthcoming from Rose City Knits. Keep an eye out!